Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bloody Old Blogger... Bohol Story

Here's one from an old bloody booger, ooops, I mean, blogger, who's a dear friend of mine and a good buddy at that, ToYeM 'd Terrible (".)

Source link: BWAIS, WATTA LYF!

(June 27, 2005) - Mao ni kinabuhi BOEIS… hayahay! (C'est la vie, bwais... la vie est belle!) Here’s a glimpse of the old ME and my experiences, both old and new. Life has been good and God so generous; I feel God has blessed me so abundantly and filled my life with enough stories to tell my loved ones, my children and hopefully, one day, my children’s children. My life’s story is for you to read about and reflect on, peek at (check out ToYeM) and/or take a crack at with your imagination. On this page are few of those "blessed moments" I was opportuned to experience in some small and big ways! Hope you enjoy my BLOGster, kiddos!

+ + +

(6/15/07) - Ssssshhh… ayaw saba (Hush, stay quiet and be still)... I’m still here. haven’t been around much but not gone for good… I’ve been backtracking my thoughts for quite some time now but the "ageless and evergree-nish" cobwebs of my thinking caps are quite absurd-ed by, that’s it, "age and greenish" clouds of forgetfulness and aging. Watta Lyf, bwais!

+ + +

Last week was quite busy for an old brat like me with visits from longtime friends, Fr. Joseph Lim, a U.S.A.F. wing commander out of Texas AFB, who made a quick side trip home from almost a year tour of duty in Iraq before reporting to his next station, Germany! Msgr. Cesar Pagulayan, a.k.a., Derps, also took a few days respite from his parish responsibility in Pasig to join Joseph in Bohol. A reunion of sort for old buddies and friends from the good ol’ 80s in Manilandia.

+ + +

So here I was… back to my old dreaded-job of driving people around town, making sure they are comfortable and having fun as we explore sights and places of old Bohol. We made Jagna our first stop - or first protocol - saying hello to an old buddy, enjoying a sumptuous lunch treat and a-long-enough break for a few pops of Philip Morris. Then off we went, hitting the almost-forgotten scenic road that led to the crisp and beautiful coastline of Anda, Bohol - reminiscent of the good old days of the early 90’s which the last time I visited the place with my old buddies, Fro and Sammy - 'til our last stop of the day, the vintage Poblacion of Anda with its unassuming plaza in front of the old Church building, adorned by sand-filled coastline that looks more like a beach than a plaza itself, or, a park preferred to be strolled by lovers basking under sunlit breeze more than fishermen unloading their catches of the day and for some out-of-school children to bring home some of what may be left as giveaways.

+ + +

We visited another "old gun" in the ministry where both my "tourists" (guests) spent few chuckles with and history-filled chit-chats 'til it was time again to hit the road.

+ + +

(6/25/07) - I’m back. Whew! How time flies! Derps is gone and is probably in the U.S. right now; Fr. Josef, my old buddy, left two weeks ago, this time, reporting to his new station in West Germany… It’s late in the evening, a la Eric Clapton pensive mood; nights are low and all alone, a la Styx reflection: a real conducive time to write about something. Both wife and kid are probably in "dream mode" and I’m jockeying thoughts I once heard from Jose Mari Chan’s "No Rewind, No Replay." Those words can really make you cry: "It’s 2 a.m., we’re lying in bed. Stillness all around, there’s not a sound except in my head." So much for that ultra-sentimental tear-jerker. Makes you realize how old you have become, and lots of introspective moments sometimes make me age. Huhuhu! But I’m no cry baby. You bet!

+ + +

July 2007 is almost here. It was a long 2006, the last time I truly had fun with some old buddies of mine. "I shall return" were the last words I heard from them, one Douglas McArthur didn’t pen. Hehehe. I’m ecstatic. But waiting and anticipation are no fun either. The sundial doesn’t seem to tick as fast. Monsoon rains are on the horizon. Sea waters could be rough, during these times. Imagination doesn’t seem to pick up like it used to be, or when charged. Body’s aching (a la Alice Cooper this time) and "ageless frantics" are quite diminishing. Home and activities seem like a vicious cycle going nowhere. Summertime sun is making its presence felt. Pocket’s full of mumble (a la Simon & Garfunkel, one last time) and hindsight is not an option. I guess I’ll just have to sit a little longer…

+ + +

(July 12, 2007) - I arrived in Cebu yesterday by way of Tubigon to meet an old friend today at the airport. I spent the night with family friends and reminisced some old time goodies. Just talks, long ones, and a few teasers. But this old machine has to park in prep for this big day.

+ + +

My old buddy arrived very much on the dot. No delays I was told. From the US via Hongkong, his favorite lay-over city. Without much ado we proceeded back to the house for some more stories and funfare. We ate a late lunch and rested the rest of the afternoon. But not really. He rested; I and my other friends did not. It was time to fly - Mactan style! You bet we did. The rest was, again, a blur (hahaha!).
+

No comments:

Post a Comment